Sunday, December 12, 2010

There is a baby in there, like a for real baby!

So I went to the doctor Thursday and all is amazingly well. I thought I was going to get to hear Peanut's heartbeat but even better - for some reason they did another sonogram (I was under the impression you only got a sonogram on your first visit and your 20 wk visit, but who am I to remind them I have already had one sonogram? Let them hash it out with insurance) and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
I am sure most of you know that when you are pregnant, there is a baby inside you. Like that is the basic principle of pregnancy - you grow a kid, squeeze it out, and attempt to not kill it or give it too many "mommy issues" to work out with its future therapist. However, when they roll that little rolly thing across your stomach and you see this corresponding little alien life form jumping and flipping around and you know that is going inside your very own uterus...well, its pretty dang cool.
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. I have officially made my first sentimental statement about my unborn child. And because I am getting all sentimental on you, I am posting our sonogram pictures. Just so you can be as equally amazed at my child's growth and perfection as I am. I am fairly certain he/she is the best looking, most perfectly developed fetus out there. But, hey, maybe thats just me...

This is Peanut at week seven. First doctor's visit. You can understand why I didn't immediately make the connection that I was growing a human. It looks like, well it looks like a freaking Peanut.





This is Peanut at week eleven. The first pictures are of the regular sonogram; the second two are the 4D. They are the really cool ones.





By the way, for those of you who are wondering. That is its umbilical cord its holding. It is not: 1) a sausage link - that just doesn't make sense; 2) a fishing pole - refer to reasoning in #1; 3) his male anatomy - sorry Rob, but if your son was sporting that as his already formed male anatomy he would be a freakshow; in a bad way. And yes, these are all three things people have asked me if that is. I hope the first two folks were joking. Knowing those who asked about the third option, they were only half kidding.
And finally, because I have to complain about something - its my own little coping mechanism after all, I have a simple plea to all the "grabbers" out there:
I think its offensive and creepy that people rub pregnant women's bellies. No one wants to be rubbed on - well in public anyways. But I mean I guess I can understand the draw - I mean its like a kid who just got a buzz cut: there is just the draw to rub on it. (Again, perhaps this is just me?) With that said, you can only even marginally be okay in rubbing a very pregnant woman's belly. Not mine. Now now. Not even if I just told you I was pregnant. We both know I am only eleven weeks prgnant. We both know women who are eleven weeks are not showing. So the logcal conclusion you should make is that the mound you are rubbing on is nothing more than the gullet I have become to lazy to suck in. I am not rubbing your muffin top or the dimples in your butt so why would you think its socially acceptable to rub my gut? Because there is baby the size of a sugar packet somewhere nestled deep within? I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment